Try Twickenham Business Improvement District (BID)
Vacant Position: BID Project Administrator
Organisation: Try Twickenham BID
Reporting to: BID Manager
Working Hours: 17 hours per week Part-Time [FIXED TERM CONTRACT UNTIL FEBRUARY 2019]
Salary: £12.80 Per hour
Location: Twickenham Town Centre, Heath Road, TW1
Background and Job Function
The Twickenham Business Improvement District (BID) represents over 400 local businesses and is known as the Try Twickenham BID company. The BID focuses entirely on creating and maintaining a thriving business community and ensuring Twickenham town centre stays vibrant, attractive, safe and welcoming for local residents, visitors and businesses alike.
The BID company has achieved a number of objectives to ensure that the town is safe, attractive and welcoming, the town and its businesses are promoted and marketed, it attracts high footfall as a result of events, business stories and news about the town, it remains well connected to surrounding towns and London areas, it is represented as a growing and vibrant town, as well as delivering a number of support projects to its businesses.
The BID team are located in the heart of Twickenham, on Heath Road TW1. We are looking for a BID Project Administrator to join the BID and work alongside a team of 3; two BID Ambassadors (one of whom leads on direct business engagement) and will report to the BID Manager who is responsible for the overall management of the BID Company. This position will allow the person to gain direct project and administration experience within the Business Improvement District industry, as well as an economic development and business support company environment.
- To provide day to day support to the BID Manager including arranging meetings, liaison with key stakeholders and partner organisations and suppliers, whilst maintaining a publicly positive tone and attitude about the Town Centre/BID area and the BID company.
- To undertake administrative tasks within the BID office (i.e. answering telephones, taking messages, managing mail outs, welcoming visitors, opening and logging mail, arranging meetings, events) and help to maintain cleanliness and security of the BID office and other required office admin tasks.
- Arrange and attend all BID meetings, distribute relevant agenda, administer and undertake note taking, of BID meetings, events, conferences, and BID AGMs. These can occasionally be held during the early morning/weekends/afternoons into evening, as and when required.
- Monitor the Trytwickenham.com BID webpage insuring jobs, news, business directory & business images, events, newsletter, BID stories, BID project information and all other content remains current and respond to website enquiries in a timely manner.
- Manage all emails within the email@example.com mailbox and respond in a timely manner.
- Assist with finance payment monitoring process for all BID business payments ensuring information is accurate and completed before monthly payment deadline.
- Keep up to date and manage the BID’s key contact and the BID’s business databases, ensuring information is accurate.
- Ensure that the message is promoted that Try Twickenham BID is business led and funded by the businesses themselves, to enhance engagement and involvement in the BID projects.
- Carry out ad hoc tasks on behalf of the BID and any other tasks required to enable the BID’s KPIs/deadlines/objectives to be met.
- Assist with the promotion, organisation and logistical support of BID events before, on the day and following, working as a team occasionally at early morning/weekends/afternoons into evening, as and when required.
- Ensure understanding of team role requirements and provide cover and support where required.
- Ensuring all relevant BID information is kept confidential and adhere to security practices for all BID property, discussions and sensitive information.
To apply, please send a CV with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience make you suited to the role to the BID Manager, Leonna Staple: Leonna@trytwickenham.com